Monday, April 6, 2009

An Open Letter to Mother Nature.....

I have about had it with the weather here this winter, so in desperation I have decided to write to the "big cheese" of weather. With April vacation coming next week I am starting to get a bit panicky about having to entertain the kids inside all week without completely going insane. Here goes....

Dear Mother Nature,
A damp, frigid "hello" from Upstate New York where winter never ends. Don't get me wrong, it is beautiful here, but, this year in particular, I'm starting to believe winter is NEVER GOING TO END. Yes, we've had a day or two of nicer weather - sunny and 60 - but it's all a tease. 60 and sunny one day, 20 and snowing 12 hours later. It's no wonder everyone's sick. The germs can't figure out what the heck to do! The kids and their classmates just seem to be passing the same viruses back and forth....kind of like germ volleyball or viral tag. The dogs have even had colds and a stomach "bug". So, Mother Nature, I'm all for a good joke, but enough already. How about some sun and 50 or 60 degrees that lasts a week or so and just keeps getting better. Next week would be a great time to start since it's school vacation. I am hearing of more snow in our forecast for tonight, but I don't think it'd be too late to change that now would it? I don't think I'm being greedy asking for this as it IS April.
Hoping you will listen to my plea,
A desperate mom

Well, let's hope that does the trick! If not, the kids and I will be cooped up inside getting on each other's nerves next week. There's only so many times I can play various board games, do Easy Bake Oven, and destroy the kitchen table with arts and crafts. Here's to warmer weather!!

No comments: